● Richmond, BC
Salary (Part – Time)
● $26.00/hour to $30.00/hour
About Us – Nightingale Electrical is one of the larger non-unionized electrical contracting companies in the Lower Mainland. We employ over 200 electricians and 20 office staff, including our own electrical Service Department. We have been in the business for over 35 years and pride ourselves on our company’s reputation for delivering reliable, quality work. We are a Health and Safety conscious company that always prioritizes the well-being of our employees. Efficiency is also key to us – our culture is to standardize, streamline and make life easier. Keeping things LEAN!
During these trying times, we are fortunate to be able to continue working and building a better Nightingale Electrical every day. If you are looking for an entry-level position to start your Accounting career and want to be integral in the daily operations of a large company, please read on!
The Role – The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Controller, who also oversees Payroll and Accounts Payable. The Accounting Clerk is primarily responsible for a blended role between Accounts Payable and General Accounting. The role involves attending and participating in monthly department meetings and weekly office meetings.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
● Schedule and process all payments (cheque run)
● Work with Controller to develop ACH platform for payment
● Reconcile and Audit Credit Card Statements (Visa/Amex)
● Manage Materials Buying Guide (work with vendors in obtaining pricing and improving the guide)
● Analyze material buying on a monthly basis – understand buying patterns and seek where cost savings can be
● Ensure all month-end duties for AP is complete (check GL, audit all expenses are coded to correct GL)
● Prepare cash deposits
● Manage PPE inventory and do monthly adjustments
● Manage and Track all Tool Rental audits and billing
● Cross Train Special Projects Department – billing and reporting
● Cross Train on Construction Billing, Bank Deposits and AR
● Act as backup for other accounting team members
What we Offer:
Nightingale’s core values include recognizing and rewarding high performers, always striving to leave a positive legacy, and keeping an eye on financial responsibility. Employees at Nightingale Electrical know that the sky is the limit when it comes to their career- show us you are capable, and we will give you the opportunity to do more.
Additional benefits include:
● Competitive salary plus potential bonus
● Extended health and dental benefits
● In-office gym + two personal training sessions per month on the company
● Regular learning opportunities
● Fantastic company events- Christmas party, golf tournament, family events etc.
● A great team to work with
● Free office parking
Job Type and Hours:
● Part-time – 24 hours per week
● Hours 8am – 4:30pm
What you Bring to the Table:
● Post-Secondary Education
● 2- or 3-years Full Cycle Accounting experience
● Strong bookkeeping skills
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skill set
● Tech Savvy
● Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
● Ability to work independently and within a team environment
● Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
● Knowledge and experience in the Construction industry is an Asset, but not a Requirement.
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We’d love to hear from you!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.