Are you experienced with AP and looking to grow your career with a reputable company? As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for ensuring that invoices from multiple vendors are assessed, processed and paid on time.
Nightingale Electrical is one of the larger open shop electrical contracting companies in the Lower Mainland. With 300 + employees and growing, we have been in the business for over 38 years, and pride ourselves on our company’s reputation for delivering reliable, quality work. We are a Health and Safety conscious company that always prioritizes the well-being of our employees.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will play an integral role in accounts payable function at Nightingale Electrical and will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day needs of the AP department are met and that financial policies and procedures pertaining to the payable cycles are adhered to. Nightingale operates in a high-volume and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be able to build relationships across the various functions and vendors.
- Manage the accounts payable inbox and process PO and Lot invoices.
- Check invoice pricing with Buying Guide and communicate with vendors to resolve the discrepancies.
- Code invoices to correct jobs, cost costs and GL accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Track all Lot invoices for each project and report to Project managers on each lot item.
- Support the invoice approval process by coordinating with internal departments to ensure approvals obtained, and accuracy of invoicing and payment.
- Process non-PO invoices such as utilities and telecommunication bills.
- Verify, reconcile, process and post credit card expenses.
- Reconcile vendor statements and follow up with outstanding invoices.
- Liaise with vendors to resolve issues, inquires and communicate payment expectations as needed.
- Create and maintain accurate vendor records; set up new jobs and cost codes in Sage.
- Maintain the Pay by Phone account by add, delete and update the information.
- Enter and reconcile gas purchase by the service department.
- Cross-Train on all Accounts Payable duties
- Assist the Accounting Manager for payment run while accountant is away.
What we Offer:
Nightingale’s core values include recognizing and rewarding high performers, always striving to leave a positive legacy, and keeping an eye on financial responsibility. Employees at NEL know that the sky is the limit when it comes to their career- show us you are capable, and we will give you the opportunity to do more.
Additional benefits include:
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Extended health and dental benefits
- In-office gym + two personal training sessions per month on the company
- Regular learning opportunities
- Fantastic company events- Christmas party, golf tournament, family events etc.
- A great team to work with
- Free office parking
- Richmond, BC
Job Type and Hours:
- Fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday 8am-430pm
What you Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of 2-3 years Accounts Payable experience
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Tech Savvy
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Knowledge and experience in the Construction industry is an asset, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate and Sage Paperless is an asset, but not a requirement
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.