Are you a Payroll professional looking to grow your career with a reputable company? Nightingale Electrical is always looking for motivated individuals with a positive attitude to join our team. Our work consists mainly of high-rise concrete buildings, wood frame apartment buildings and townhomes and commercial type projects. We have been in business since 1984 without interruptions or major layoffs.
Nightingale Electrical is one of the largest non-unionized electrical contracting companies in the Lower Mainland. With 300 + employees and growing, we have been in the business for over 34 years, and pride ourselves on our company’s reputation for delivering reliable, quality work. We are a Health and Safety conscious company that always prioritizes the well-being of our employees. Efficiency is also key to us – our culture is to standardize, streamline and make life easier. Keeping things LEAN!
Some of our most recognized jobs include the Shangri-La hotel in downtown Vancouver, Aldergrove Recreation Centre, IKEA Coquitlam, Jim Pattison Outpatient Hospital, Langley Events Centre, the Canada Post facility in Richmond, Lynn Valley Residence in North Vancouver, Sutter Brook Village Community in Port Moody, Surrey Central Brewing, Tsawwassen Shores, River Green Community, and many more! Chances are you have seen many of our residential high-rise buildings, and maybe even live in one of them.
The Role – As the payroll clerk, your main duty will be to accurately administer bi-monthly payroll for approximately 230 hourly employees, and 20 salaried employees. The ideal candidate has the attention to detail and urgency required to perform payroll functions that rely on accurate data entry and meeting hard deadlines, but also has an appetite for continual learning and is eager to take on new tasks and provide suggestions and improvements for current processes.
- Collection and summation of timesheets
- Analyze and verify that time sheets are accurate based on NEL payroll procedures
- Ensure overtime approvals are obtained for any OT payment
- Process and Reconcile employee deductions (i.e. taxable benefits, RRSP contributions, garnishments, etc.)
- Update and maintain accurate payroll records (i.e. insurance coverage, salary increases)
- Process new employees (enter into payroll system)
- Collaborate with HR to ensure ITA hours (apprentice hours) are entered in a timely manner and raises are applied as per pay scale.
- Complete and process requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications (i.e. Lawyer/Work Safe BC requests for employee pay information) – This will go hand in hand with HR.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations (I.e. Tax Update, Employment Standards, Service Canada)
- Tracking Vacation and Sick Days for all employees in the payroll system
- Remit source deductions and monthly RRSP contributions
- Process employee benefits – enrolment and termination (Work with HR on this). Reconcile employee benefits invoices
- Process ROE and Termination of employees in Sage Payroll
- Previous payroll experience (preferably of at least 100 employees)
- Business or accounting training (certificate would be an asset)
- Bookkeeping experience
- Knowledgeable with Sage Payroll or large ERP payroll system
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Good understanding of payroll regulations/requirements and employment standards
- Extremely accurate with data entry- you always double and triple-check your work!
- Strong problem solving skills
- Adaptable and flexible, eager and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment and learn from others
- Ability to prioritize and meet payroll deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially excel)
What we Offer:
Nightingale’s core values include recognizing and rewarding high performers, always striving to leave a positive legacy, and keeping an eye on financial responsibility. Employees at NEL know that the sky is the limit when it comes to their career- show us you are capable, and we will give you the opportunity to do more. We are committed to promoting company culture, passionate about our people and eager to promote from within.
Additional benefits include:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Extended health and dental benefits
- In-office gym + two personal training sessions per month on the company
- Regular learning opportunities
- Fantastic company events- Christmas party, golf tournament, family events etc.
- A great team to work with
- Free office parking
- Provide industry leading benefits and incentives
- Offer company funded courses and programs
- Richmond, BC
Job Type and Hours:
- Fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday 8am-430pm
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
Notice: In light of COVID-19, all interviews will be held over Video Conferencing until further notice. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.