Reporting to the Project Managers, the Project Manager Assistant is responsible for supporting duties for various projects and will work closely with the Project Managers and Site Foremen.
Nightingale Electrical is one of the larger open shop electrical contracting companies in the Lower Mainland. With 300 + employees and growing, we have been in the business for over 34 years, and pride ourselves on our company’s reputation for delivering reliable, quality work. We are a Health and Safety conscious company that always prioritizes the well-being of our employees. Efficiency is also key to us – our culture is to standardize, streamline and make life easier. Keeping things LEAN!
Being one of the leading electrical contractors in a robust industry, we are involved with lots of work and are consistently busy in this dynamic Vancouver market! Some of our most recognized jobs include the Shangri-La hotel in downtown Vancouver, Aldergrove Recreation Centre, IKEA Coquitlam, Jim Pattison Outpatient Hospital, Langley Events Centre, the Canada Post facility in Richmond, Lynn Valley Residence in North Vancouver, Sutter Brook Village Community in Port Moody, Surrey Central Brewing, Tsawwassen Shores, River Green Community, and many more! Chances are you have seen many of our residential high-rise buildings, and maybe even live in one of them.
The role: The Project Manager Assistant reports directly to the Project Managers and is responsible for supporting them through various projects and working closely with the Site Foremen. We are looking for someone who has experience working in residential / commercial constructions sites. Electrical background is a big asset!
- Assist in the project planning, execution, and coordination of site activities.
- Coordinating of meetings, manpower tracking, equipment utilization, material purchasing, quantities take off, and vendor and clients invoicing.
- Providing project specific support, including scheduling, and assisting with project controls and reporting.
- Communicating with the project team on a daily basis to assist with cost control and project status.
- Providing timely updates on progress and forecasting trends to the Project Manager.
- Collecting, inputting, managing, and presenting project cost tracking data.
- Creating and updating project execution plans for individual tasks.
- Assist in estimating duties as required.
- Flagging budget or schedule issues to the project manager
- Identifying the need for change orders and preparation for approval.
- Conducting preliminary review of pre-bills and assisting with invoicing as needed
- Assist with the Health and Safety plan implementation during construction.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Electrical Red Seal or Diploma in Project / Construction Management.
- Experience working in the Electrical field would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience of record keeping and estimating would be an asset
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Scheduling, cost control and contract management experience.
- Strong computer skills, using MS Office. Familiarity with project management software packages (Accubid, AutoCAD, etc.) is an asset.
- Strong commitment to safety in a construction site.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive and high-pressure environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and prioritize client requirements.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
Notice: In light of COVID-19, interviews may be held over Video Conferencing until further notice. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.