Are you a Safety professional looking to grow your career with a reputable company? Nightingale Electrical is always looking for motivated individuals with a positive attitude to join our team. Our work consists mainly of high-rise concrete buildings, wood frame apartment buildings and townhomes and commercial type projects. We have been in business since 1984 without interruptions or major lay offs.
Some of our most recognized jobs include the Shangri-La hotel in downtown Vancouver, Aldergrove Recreation Centre, IKEA Coquitlam, Jim Pattison Outpatient Hospital, Langley Events Centre, the Canada Post facility in Richmond, Lynn Valley Residence in North Vancouver, Sutter Brook Village Community in Port Moody, Surrey Central Brewing, Tsawwassen Shores, River Green Community, and many more! Chances are you have seen many of our residential high-rise buildings, and maybe even live in one of them.
As a Safety Officer, you are responsible for field leadership and delivery of the Occupational Health & Safety programs. You are an accredited safety professional with experience in the commercial construction industry, with experience working in high-rise towers and commercial buildings a strong asset. You will be responsible to assist project teams in the day-to-day operations by influencing, developing, and implementing safety plans and corrective actions to help achieve the goal of zero incidents.
- Works under the direction of Project Manager / Partner to verify the projects are properly and effectively adhering to the Health & Safety standards
- Conducting and documenting inspections and regular site visits to verify compliance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations hazards
- Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to project site personnel in matters of health and safety
- Participates and supports project staff and contractors in conducting effective incident investigations that identify underlying causes and effective corrective measures
- Ensures all required documentations are effectively organized and copies are shared with the appropriate groups
- Reviews incident reports, monthly statistics, inspection reports and can identify undesirable trends and provide appropriate recommendations
- Works with the project team on the development/implementation of project specific safety plans, job hazard assessments and safe work procedures
- Chairs and participates in Ledcor tool box and project joint health and safety committee
- Assist and provide guidance on return to work plans for on and off site injuries
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading safety initiatives
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Working in the construction / electrical field will be considered a strong asset.
- Thorough knowledge of local government health and safety acts, policies, regulations, codes and practices
- Strong knowledge of commercial construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Have a competent level of communication skills with the ability to collaborate and function effectively within a team environment
- Ability to support operations staff and achieve challenging goals, in addition to addressing safety matters with drive and urgency
Nightingale Electrical is open to have discussions with Construction professionals entering the safety field for this role, and further support the completion of applicable safety courses and certification
If this role is something that you are interested in, we would love to review your application. We offer great benefits, competitive wages, and excellent growth opportunities. Apply today, or email us at [email protected].