Why Nightingale Electrical?
Nightingale Electrical is always looking for bright and motivated people to join our team.
Nightingale Electrical is a local, large electrical contracting company. We employ around 250 electricians and thirty office staff and we are steadily expanding. We’ve been in the business for over thirty years and pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering reliable and quality work. Our reputation delivers a steady flow of work opportunities for residential and commercial projects. These diversified projects offer our employees the opportunity for continuous learning and the acquisition of new skills.
Our most recognizable projects include the Shangri-La Hotel in downtown Vancouver, IKEA Coquitlam, Jim Pattison Outpatient Hospital, Langley Events Centre, and Ritchie Brothers Auction Building. You may also have seen many of our residential high-rise buildings and maybe even live in one of them. Our residential projects include River Green Residences near the Oval in Richmond, Bayshore Gardens in Coal Harbour, Central in downtown Vancouver, Suter Brook Village in Port Moody, and many more.
At Nightingale, health and safety is a major priority. We are COR certified and provide a safety training program that is mandatory for all employees.
I owe everything to Nightingale Electrical. I was hired straight out of school and Nightingale Electrical gave me every opportunity that my hard work deserved. True to their core values, they recognized, appreciated, and rewarded my high levels of performance.
Encouraging personal growth and with added training and education, I quickly advanced to the foreman position. I’ve been in my current role with NEL for 15 years. In that time, my career has grown exponentially. I’m always encouraged to be a forward thinker and to innovate and challenge not only myself but also my fellow employees, every day.
If anyone is looking for a workplace that allows growth and makes you feel part of a family, Nightingale Electrical is the place.
Training & Professional Development
We support continuous career development by providing financial assistance for courses and training to improve or upgrade your skills.
- Fall protection
- Scissor lift
- First aid
- Code course
- Leadership training for managers
- FSR (Field Safety Representative)
Benefits & Compensation
If you continually take pride in your work, rest assured that Nightingale will always take care of you.
- Apprenticeship tuition reimbursements
- Company Medical Benefits Plan for you and your family – 100% paid by Nightingale
- Performance-based / merit-based advancement.
- Pay is dictated by performance and you do not have to wait for school to get a pay increase
- Promote from within whenever possible
- Tool allowance to replace consumables
- Discounted PPE
- Open door policy
- Mental health awareness and resources
- Banked vacation time and flexible time off schedule
- Equal opportunity employer
- Reasonable commute to and from job sites
- Stable job site placements
At Nightingale Electrical one of our main priorities is to reward hard work, dedication, and a positive attitude and to promote from within whenever possible. We are a merit-based company so the harder you work, the faster you climb the ladder. As an open-shop contractor, we don’t follow standard seniority rules and instead promote individuals that impress us and show excellence in their work, combined with dedication to the job and to Nightingale Electrical.
Mission Statement & Core Values
To be the first choice of our customers and employees.
- We build people from the ground up and listen to their valuable input.
- In terms of safety, injuries are dealt with immediately and we accommodate plans for the employee’s return to work.
- We keep everyone working each week for 40 hours, with no loss of income or time.
- Company events provide appreciation, celebration, and build long-term friendships. All company events are 100% paid for by Nightingale.
- Expert mentorship from our decorated project managers and foremen in all aspects of our business.
- Internal newsletters involve inclusivity and organized communication.
- Nelsocial, our internal website, features references, a directory, current events, and FAQ’s so that you can better navigate your employment with us.
- We conduct surveys to gather real-time data and direct company initiatives based on feedback from our employees.
- We offer an immediate response from a large company with approachable management and administration that are ready to serve their employees.
- We provide assistance to our team members to improve their lifestyle, including employment letters for mortgages or a new vehicle and more.
- As a successful company, we’re proud to support our community whenever it’s in need. We get involved.
- Every new crew member receives our special 5-piece Nightingale swag bag to welcome you to the family.
Human Resources Manager
About Us Nightingale Electrical is one of the largest non-unionized electrical contracting companies in the Lower Mainland. We are a multi-discipline company with a diverse business model that continually ensures…
Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Location: ● Richmond, BC Salary (Part - Time) ● $26.00/hour to $30.00/hour About Us – Nightingale Electrical is one of the larger non-unionized electrical contracting companies in the Lower Mainland. We employ over…
Wood Frame Electrician
We are currently looking for individuals with wood frame experience. Required Qualifications At least 2000 hours (1 year) of experience working on wood frame buildings Ability to transport yourself to…
We are looking for electrical apprentices of all levels to join our team. The Ideal Candidate Will Have: Excellent attendance and punctuality A positive, can-do attitude High attention to detail…
Lead Hand / Foreman Electrician
Position: Lead Hand / Foreman Report to: Project Manager Location: Vancouver/Lower Mainland Summary As a lead hand or foreman electrician, you will be responsible for leading a team of electricians in a range of electrical duties…
Service Technician Electrician
Qualifications A certified Electrical Journeyperson for at least 2 years? Passionate about the electrical trade? Someone that enjoys troubleshooting and problem-solving? A likable, personable individual that enjoys talking to clients? Capable and willing to train and guide an apprentice when necessary? Interested in varied work- i.e.…