Are you an Apprentice Electrician looking to grow your career with a reputable company? Nightingale Electrical is always looking for motivated individuals with a positive attitude to join our team. Our work consists mainly of high-rise concrete buildings, wood frame apartment buildings and townhomes and commercial type projects. We have been in business since 1984 without interruptions or major lay offs.
Some of our most recognized jobs include the Shangri-La hotel in downtown Vancouver, Aldergrove Recreation Centre, IKEA Coquitlam, Jim Pattison Outpatient Hospital, Langley Events Centre, the Canada Post facility in Richmond, Lynn Valley Residence in North Vancouver, Sutter Brook Village Community in Port Moody, Surrey Central Brewing, Tsawwassen Shores, River Green Community, and many more! Chances are you have seen many of our residential high-rise buildings, and maybe even live in one of them.
We are looking for hardworking and passionate individuals who want to be a part of the Nightingale Family. As an Apprentice Electrician, you will be responsible for a range of electrical duties including planning, assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Our work consists mainly of wood frame apartment buildings and townhomes, high-rise concrete buildings, and commercial type work.
- Assist the Journeymen / Foremen Electrician with various tasks including but not limited to installing conduit and boxes for slabs, install electrical boxes and pot lights, Rough wiring in units/ corridors, install lights, troubleshooting, etc.
- Help problem solve various electrical systems and equipment.
- Assist with all types of electrical installations, including electrical wiring tasks, using schematics, diagrams, blueprints, and equipment specifications.
- Learn all procedures for installing and maintaining electrical systems using City, Provincial bylaws, and Canadian Electrical Codes.
- Learn to install and work in a safe manner following all WorkSafe and Company procedures.
- The general duties may change or be unique based on the job site you are placed in, and the requirements of the job site.
- Electrical Trade Schooling (Pre-Apprentice program / level 1 to 8 schooling)
- Ability to transport yourself to any job site (typically within the Lower Mainland or North Shore)
- Ability to consistently lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks, including but not limited to multiple hours of chipping, roughing, finishing, slab work, concrete work, etc.
- Demonstrating knowledge of electrical codes and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to follow through instructions and courage to ask for guidance when needed.
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- High attention to detail with a strong work ethic
- Indoor and outdoor work; exposure to all-weather conditions such as rain and cold/ hot temperatures
- Depending on the task, you may be involved in repetitive motions such as splicing, pulling wire, drilling, installing light fixtures, receptacles, and switches, climbing ladders etc.
- Perform physically demanding tasks: moving and lifting heavy objects; frequent bending, crouching, kneeling
- Working from heights (on ladders, scissor lifts and boom lifts)
- Working in constructions zones with potential safety hazards- exposed elements, unfinished/uneven floors, etc.
- Locations are spread across the Lower Mainland
- You are responsible for your transportation to and from job sites
If this role is something that you are interested in, we would love to review your application. We offer great benefits, competitive wages, tools allowance, and excellent growth opportunities. Apply today, or email us at [email protected]
- Extended health and dental plan
- Tool Allowance
- Reimbursement for training courses
- Company social events
- Opportunity for advancements into Lead Hand/Foreman roles