Are you an experienced Electrician looking to grow your career with a reputable company? Nightingale Electrical is always looking for motivated individuals with a positive attitude to join our team. Our work consists mainly of high-rise concrete buildings, wood frame apartment buildings and townhomes and commercial type projects. We have been in business since 1984 without interruptions or major lay offs.
Some of our most recognized jobs include the Shangri-La hotel in downtown Vancouver, Aldergrove Recreation Centre, IKEA Coquitlam, Jim Pattison Outpatient Hospital, Langley Events Centre, the Canada Post facility in Richmond, Lynn Valley Residence in North Vancouver, Sutter Brook Village Community in Port Moody, Surrey Central Brewing, Tsawwassen Shores, River Green Community, and many more! Chances are you have seen many of our residential high-rise buildings, and maybe even live in one of them.
We are looking for hardworking and passionate individuals who wants to be a part of the Nightingale Family. As a Foremen Electrician, you will be responsible for a wide range of electrical duties including planning, assembling, installing, testing, training/ coaching apprentices, and maintaining electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Our work consists mainly of wood frame apartment buildings and townhomes, high-rise concrete buildings, and commercial type work.
- Manage team of Journeymen Electricians and Apprentices to meet and complete project objectives
- including but not limited to installing conduit and boxes for slabs, install electrical boxes and pot lights, Rough wiring in units/ corridors, install lights, troubleshooting, etc.
- Help problem solve various electrical systems and equipment.
- Assist with all types of electrical installations, including electrical wiring tasks, using schematics, diagrams, blueprints, and equipment specifications.
- Learn all procedures for installing and maintaining electrical systems using City, Provincial bylaws, and Canadian Electrical Codes.
- Learn to install and work in a safe manner following all WorkSafe and Company procedures.
- Be able to lead, organize, coach a crew of workers to install equipment as per electrical drawings and Foreman’s instructions all done following the electrical and safety codes.
- Electrical Red Seal Certificate or Electrical Trade Qualification
- Ability to transport yourself to any job site (typically within the Lower Mainland or North Shore)
- Experience working in wood frame structures, concrete high-rise buildings and commercial type projects
- Ability to consistently lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrating knowledge of electrical codes and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work individually and as a team, in addition to managing Apprentice Electricians
- High attention to detail with a strong work ethic
- Indoor and outdoor work; exposure to all-weather conditions such as rain and cold/ hot temperatures
- Depending on the task, you may be involved in repetitive motions such as splicing, pulling wire, drilling, installing light fixtures, receptacles, and switches, climbing ladders etc.
- Perform physically demanding tasks: moving and lifting heavy objects; frequent bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Working from heights (on ladders, scissor lifts and boom lifts).
- Working in constructions zones with potential safety hazards- exposed elements, clutter, unfinished/uneven floors, etc.
- Locations are spread across the Lower Mainland
- You are responsible for your transportation to and from job sites
If this role is something that you are interested in, we would love to review your application. We offer great benefits, competitive wages, tools allowance, and excellent growth opportunities. Apply today, or email us at [email protected]
- Extended health and dental plan
- Tool Allowance
- Reimbursement for training courses
- Company social events
- Opportunity for advancements into Lead Hand/Foreman roles