- A certified Electrical Journeyperson for at least 2 years?
- Passionate about the electrical trade?
- Someone that enjoys troubleshooting and problem-solving?
- A likable, personable individual that enjoys talking to clients?
- Capable and willing to train and guide an apprentice when necessary?
- Interested in varied work- i.e. commercial projects, high-rise warranty work, residential calls?
- Flexible– you don’t mind being switched from one job to the next, or being called out to an emergency call?
- Able to work on-call evening/weekend shifts on a rotation basis?
- Organized, and able to maintain neat paperwork, and communicate with the office regarding your job status?
- In possession of a valid driver’s license and hold a clean driving record?
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Reimbursement for training courses
- Tool allowance
- Frequent in-house training (e.g. fire alarm, first aid level 1, AutoCAD)
- Frequent company social events
- Company vehicle to take home at the end of your shift
- Option to contribute and enroll in a group RRSP after 2 years in the department
It takes a special person to be an Electrical Service Technician- you need to be experienced in multiple areas of electrical work, good with people, and easy-going enough to handle the constant job reassignments as emergencies occur. On top of that, we expect you to be able to fill out paperwork like timesheets, customer invoices, and other relevant documents.